Ellis & Winters has a wonderful career opportunity for a detail-oriented IT Support Analyst in our Raleigh office. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Margery Clifton at Margery.Clifton@elliswinters.com.
Ellis & Winters LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in complex litigation and commercial real estate. With offices in Raleigh and Greensboro, North Carolina, the firm represents clients statewide, as well as regionally and nationally. Founded to offer a strong emphasis on client service, Ellis & Winters provides high quality legal services effectively and efficiently.
The IT Support Analyst position will provide technical support to all of the firm’s lawyers, paralegals and support staff. Under the direction and supervision of the IT Director, this position will help maintain the daily operations of the IT systems for the firm and will respond to issues that arise. All issues will be tracked and documented to ensure a proper resolution is provided.
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support for all IT systems and services.
- Develop and maintain documented procedures.
- Assist with projects and improvements to the IT systems.
- Serve as a member of the Firm’s information security forum and assist with the information security management system.
- Manage mobile device management system and provide device support.
- Manage help desk system to ensure all requests, problems and changes have received a proper resolution.
- Prioritize and escalate tickets to the IT Director as needed.
- Monitor system resources to ensure proper operations.
- Prepare new laptops and desktops for Firm users.
- Stay abreast of technology updates and suggest improvements to the IT team.
- Support AV equipment in the offices and at events.
- Assist with and conduct training as needed.
Required Experience and Skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate (both verbally and written).
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel, including attorneys, legal assistants and technical support personnel.
- Ability and desire to rapidly learn new and complex applications/technologies.
- A general understanding of PC hardware, peripherals, network organization and experience with Microsoft Office is necessary.
Basic Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience as a support professional/technologist within a law firm.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft products including Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Windows Server and SQL.
- Experience supporting a document management system.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting networking equipment.
- Experience working directly with a variety of technical and non-technical end users.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs. or more.
The hours of work are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This position will require after hours on call support on a rotating basis. Additional unscheduled hours and occasional travel will be required as needed.
The position is often deadline driven requiring unexpected demands on time and effort.