David concentrates his practice in commercial real estate, debt finance and related business matters. He represents developers, investors, sellers, landlords, tenants and others in connection with the acquisition, sale, leasing, development and operation of real property. David is an active member of both NAIOP and ULI. He has served on the Board of Directors for NAIOP’s Developing Leaders since 2010 and is a graduate of Leadership Raleigh.
A Raleigh native, David joined Ellis & Winters in January 2012 after working for several years in the Raleigh office of a regional law firm. He graduated from UNC Chapel Hill with a B.A. in Mathematics and English, Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his juris doctor, cum laude, from Washington and Lee University School of Law, where he was admitted into Omicron Delta Kappa.
Awards and Honors
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite, Young Guns (2013), Real Estate (2013, 2015-2019)
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2019-2020)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine, "Rising Stars", Real Estate (2016-2020)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NAIOP (Developing Leaders President and Board Member)
- Raleigh Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Raleigh, Young Professionals Network)
- Urban Land Institute
- Wake County Real Property Lawyers Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Basics of Real Estate Development; North Carolina Bar Association 2017 Real Property Practical Skills Course CLE, October 5, 2017.