George Sanderson is a partner in the firm’s litigation department and a member of the firm's creditors' rights practice group. Mr. Sanderson's primary areas of practice are complex commercial and financial services litigation, bankruptcy, antitrust, creditors' rights, securities, and lender liability defense. Mr. Sanderson has tried cases and otherwise appeared in state and federal courts and arbitration tribunals for clients, including several Fortune 500 companies, throughout North Carolina and across the country.
Mr. Sanderson is the Immediate Past Chair for the North Carolina State Bar Association's Antitrust and Complex Business Disputes Section and is the editor for the North Carolina chapter of the latest edition of the State Antitrust Practice and Statutes treatise published by the American Bar Association.
Mr. Sanderson was associated previously with the New York law firms of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison; and Boies, Schiller & Flexner.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Sanderson served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Stephen C. St. John, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Awards and Honors
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, "Leader in the Field" for Bankruptcy (2013-2018)
- Benchmark Litigation, North Carolina Future Star (2015-2018)
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite, Antitrust (2012, 2018), Bankruptcy (2012-2018)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine, "Rising Stars" (2009-2013); Bankruptcy, Business Litigation, Antitrust Litigation (2016-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Bankruptcy (2018)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Antitrust and Complex Business Disputes Section, Chair
- Bankruptcy Section, Section Council
Prior Legal Experience
- Associate, Boies, Schiller & Flexner, 2001-2004
- Associate, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, 2000-2001
- Law Clerk, United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia, Hon. Stephen C. St. John, 1999-2000