Kurt Dumaw practices primarily in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, business transactions, commercial real estate acquisition and development, commercial leasing, wireless telecommunications, and construction contracts. Mr. Dumaw has served as lead counsel on corporate mergers and acquisitions, land purchases and leases, mixed use and industrial developments, commercial construction projects, wind and solar energy development, and commercial financing transactions. He has assisted clients with entity formation, commercial sales and lease transactions, corporate governance and technology and licensing matters.
Mr. Dumaw advises several clients as outside corporate counsel on matters such as business acquisitions, corporate governance and compliance issues, corporate restructuring, contract drafting and negotiation, corporate policies, employee matters, stock option plans and shareholder issues. He often works directly with the company’s board of directors and executive officers on such issues.
Mr. Dumaw received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan (1992) and his law degree from Boston University School of Law (cum laude, 1996). Prior to joining Ellis & Winters, Mr. Dumaw was a partner with Hooper Hathaway, P.C., in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Awards and Honors
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association: Real Property, Business Law and Zoning, Planning and Land Use Sections
- Cary Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Michigan Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property Law Sections
Prior Legal Experience
- Partner, Hooper Hathaway, PC, 1998-2007
- Associate, Berry Moorman, PC, 1996-1998
- North Carolina, 2008
- Michigan, 1996
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1996