Ellis & Winters has a wonderful career opportunity for a detail-oriented Litigation Support Technology Analyst in our Raleigh office. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Margery Clifton at Margery.Clifton@elliswinters.com.
Ellis & Winters LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in complex litigation and commercial real estate. With offices in Raleigh and Greensboro, North Carolina, the firm represents clients statewide, as well as regionally and nationally. Founded to offer a strong emphasis on client service, Ellis & Winters provides high quality legal services effectively and efficiently.
The Litigation Support Analyst position will provide technical litigation and e-discovery support to the firm lawyers, paralegals and support staff from case inception through trial. Under the direction and supervision of the Litigation Support Manager, this position’s responsibilities will include database design, preparation and maintenance; preparation of electronic document productions; data conversions and manipulation as needed; organization of case project data on the firm’s network; end user support and training; preparation and maintenance of indices tracking case-related data and media.
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide daily administration and maintenance of litigation databases.
- Provide direct user support with database litigation databases.
- Project management including centralized tracking of case projects tasks and related data.
- Verify data integrity and apply quality control checks when performing data imports and exports, document productions and database reports or logs.
- Assist case teams as needed with electronic productions including the preparation of secure file transfers, physical media, batch printing, and loading data to internal databases.
- Proactively communicate with case teams and the litigation support team regarding work flow, problems/issues and resolutions.
- Coordinate with outside service providers facilitate projects or to gather information, project quotes or data.
- Assist with training support staff and users on litigation support related programs and with preparation of training materials.
- May provide hands-on support for client data collection including equipment set up and operation of collection software.
- Respond to, triage, and assign IT support tickets.
- Responsible for recurring IT related requests.
- Work directly with System Administrator on current projects.
- Tracking and recording time daily.
Required Experience and Skills
- Strong critical thinker with skills to troubleshoot software and hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to solve practical problems, adapt to change and balance competing demands.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate (both verbally and written).
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel, including attorneys, legal assistants and technical support personnel.
- Basic understanding of the litigation process, standard litigation support procedures and concepts.
- Ability and desire to rapidly learn new and complex applications/technologies.
- A general understanding of PC hardware, peripherals, network organization and experience with Microsoft Office is necessary.
Basic Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working within a law firm preferred.
- Experience with litigation software.
- Experience working directly with a variety of technical and non-technical end users.
- Experience with electronic data processing concepts processing software is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Windows Server is a plus.
The hours of work are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This position frequently requires additional unscheduled hours and occasional travel.
The position is often deadline driven requiring unexpected demands on time and effort.