Carson Lane is a member of the firm’s Trial and Litigation Group and handles a wide variety of commercial and tort litigation in state and federal courts. Her practice includes cases involving complex commercial litigation, product liability, medical malpractice defense, and appeals. In addition, Carson regularly writes about class action issues and how they impact particular cases.
Carson attended law school at Wake Forest University School of Law, where she served as an editor of the Wake Forest Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law. She also completed externships with the in-house legal department at HanesBrands, with Judge Mark Davis of the North Carolina Court of Appeals, and with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of North Carolina.
Carson provided over 100 hours of pro bono legal services as a law student and was a member of Wake Forest University Law School’s Pro Bono Honor Society where she served as the Project Coordinator for the University’s Immigration and Naturalization Pro Bono Project.
Prior to entering law school, Carson attended the University of South Carolina as a Capstone Scholar with a double-major in Economics and Spanish and a minor in Business Administration.
In her free time, Carson enjoys hiking, travel, and serving as a volunteer mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle.
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2019
- Honors: Pro Bono Honor Society
- B.A., University of South Carolina, 2015
- Honors: Capstone Scholar
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Ninth Circuit Decision a Home Run for Minor League Players in Class Action Lawsuit Against the MLB, The Federal Lawyer, Federal Bar Association, 2021
- Pride Month, Wake County Bar Association YLD Blog, 2021
- Co-author, Am I Enough?: How to Identify Imposter Syndrome and Best Practices to Remove it from the Workplace, Wake County Bar Association YLD Blog, 2021
- Class-Action Incentive Awards Under Siege?, The Voice, DRI, 2021
- Carson Lane Published in May/June Issue of The Federal Lawyer
- Carson Lane’s Pride Month Article Published on WCBA’s YLD Blog
- Ellis & Winters Secures Victory in Asbestos Case on Issue of First Impression
- Carson Lane Published in the Wake County Bar Association’s YLD Blog
- Michelle Liguori and Carson Lane Published in DRI’s “The Voice”