Chris Trusk primarily serves clients in real estate and corporate transactions, creditor’s rights, and development matters. Chris maintains a truly client-oriented approach to his legal practice, handling each deal with an eye towards the client’s overall objectives, constraints, and needs. By understanding the client at a deeper level, he can provide tailored advocacy and is more likely to secure a successful result.
Originally hailing from the low-country of South Carolina, Chris spent several years practicing in commercial real estate and creditor’s rights in Greenville before joining Ellis & Winters in North Carolina. Over the years, he has built a considerable record of success in favorably negotiating and closing transactions in North and South Carolina.
Chris believes that his work as a lawyer is fundamentally service-oriented. In his free time, he helps underserved communities, volunteering with North Carolina Legal Aid to provide real estate and transactional legal assistance to low-income individuals. Chris lives in Raleigh with his wife and enjoys hiking the Carolinas’ beautiful parks and trails.
- J.D., University of South Carolina, 2015
- Honors: Magnacum Laude, Order of the Coif, Order of the Wig & Robe
- Law Review: South Carolina Law Review, Articles Editor
- Nonprofit organizations clinic
- B.A., Clemson University, 2012
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association: Real Property Section
- South Carolina Bar Association: Real Property Law Section
- Urban Land Institute
- NAIOP Raleigh
|May 30, 2018||Ellis & Winters Welcomes Cameron Kirby and Chris Trusk|
- Purchase and financing of a golf course and associated business assets
- Purchase and financing of a seven-property, multi-county office building portfolio
- Purchase and finance of an $11.5 million office building
- Purchase and finance of a $24 million office park
- Negotiation, documentation, and due diligence of commercial loans
- CFPB Actions Against Law Firms, South Carolina Lawyer, November 2015