Jackie Sitjar is a litigation attorney with over a decade of experience in both private and government practice. She previously served the country in the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps, representing the government and individuals in criminal justice and administrative matters. She is a member of the firm’s Litigation Group and currently focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and products liability defense.
In addition to her legal practice, Jackie was a Senior Global Litigation Practice Development Specialist with one of the nation’s top 50 law firms. She also worked in editorial with Thompson Reuters, a leading provider of legal know-how for practicing attorneys.
While running their own internal medicine practice for over 30 years, Jackie’s parents instilled a strong sense of discipline and work ethic within their family. When Jackie was in college at the University of Notre Dame she participated in a Summer Service Learning Program with the family court system in Albany, New York, which ignited her desire to become an attorney. She went on to earn her J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law where she participated in the Women Law Students’ Association and the Intellectual Property Law Association.
When she’s not busy assisting clients, Jackie enjoys endurance running, completing five marathons, and now focusing on 10-mile races, reading, cooking, and baking. She hopes to find more time to play piano and tennis in the future.
- Saint Louis University of Law, 2011
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., English, 2008
- Honors: Sigma Tau Delta – International English Honor Society
- North Carolina
- New York
Eastern District of North Carolina
Middle District of North Carolina
Western District of North Carolina
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Legal Assistance for Military Personnel Committee, Advisory Member
- Military and Veterans Committee Communications Chair
- Triangle Asian American and Pacific Islander Attorneys Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Wellness Committee Member
- Military and Veterans Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder Program
- United States Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps
- Winston & Strawn, LLP, Senior Global Litigation Practice Development Specialist
- Ropes & Gray, LLP, Senior Practice Development Specialist
- Thomson Reuters, Practical Law, Associate Editor
- Author, Incentive Awards Holding Strong Two Years After Johnson, Best in Class blog
- The “Initial Interest Confusion” Test – Analysis and Proposal for a Sensible Formulation for Use on the Internet, The National Law Review, (March 15, 2011)