Dale Clemons joined Ellis & Winters after serving as a Judicial Law Clerk for the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Middle District of North Carolina. He earned his law degree from the University of California, Davis, School of Law after working as a Program Analyst for the Administrative Office of the United States Courts for several years. In undergraduate school at the University of Maryland, Dale studied Government, Political Science, Criminal Justice, and Law Enforcement Administration.
At Ellis & Winters, Dale has a diverse practice with focuses on bankruptcy and restructuring, construction law, and real estate finance. His experience with budget and financial analysis as well as program management provide an excellent foundation for these areas of law.
Dale grew up in the outskirts of Baltimore where he watched the exciting changes in the built environment as developments popped up around him. He was a captain of his high school water polo team and became an Eagle Scout before graduating high school. A former beach lifeguard, Dale still enjoys water sports and beach vacations when time permits.
Currently a South Raleigh resident, Dale is always looking for live music, some good gardening tips, and places to volunteer outside.
- J.D., University of California, Davis, 2020
- B.A., University of Maryland, 2015
- Judicial Law Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, 2020 – 2022
- Research Assistant, University of California, Davis, School of Law, 2018 – 2020
- Law Clerk, Harrison, Temblador, Hungerford & Johnson LLP, 2019
- Legal Intern, California Department of Justice, Financial Fraud and Special Prosecution, 2018
- Budget Analyst, Administrative Office of the United States Courts, 2014 – 2017