Medical Malpractice Defense
Ellis & Winters attorneys have extensive experience in cases that involve medical services and alleged medical or professional malpractice. We have represented and defended hospitals, psychiatric institutions, national laboratories, and individual healthcare practitioners throughout North Carolina. Ellis & Winters attorneys recognize the impact of settlement on individual practitioners. As a result, we approach every malpractice action as a case we intend to try to verdict. We likewise have extensive experience defending medical malpractice actions in jury trials.
Our attorneys have handled hundreds of malpractice actions and bring this breadth of experience to each new matter. We have developed an extensive expert-witness network and have been retained to supply information on several prominent plaintiffs' experts. Our attorneys have served as guest speakers to state, regional, and international medical societies and organizations addressing the successful defense of malpractice actions, as well as risk management measures to prevent exposure to malpractice claims. Through our years of serving as malpractice defense trial lawyers, we have developed an extensive library on medical issues and conditions to which we routinely refer in an effort to maintain a high level of understanding of relevant medical issues in a cost-efficient manner. We bring our collective knowledge and experience to each case assignment to achieve the best results for our clients.
- Madeleine Pfefferle Published in DRI’s June 2023 “For the Defense”
- NCADA 46th Annual Meeting and Spring Seminar a Big Success
- Ashley Brathwaite Elected to the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Leslie Packer Admitted to the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2023 “Best Lawyers in America” List
- Ashley Brathwaite Installed as President of NCADA
- Ellis & Winters Continues Strong Presence in Chambers USA
- Madeleine Pfefferle Joins the Firm’s Litigation Group
- Leslie Packer Appointed Board Member of “Practice Innovations”
- Leslie Packer Selected for Business North Carolina’s 2022 Power List
- Partner, Alex Hagan to Lead IADC 2023-2024 CLE Efforts
- Ellis & Winters Recognized as a 2021 “Best Law Firm” by Best Lawyers®
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2021 “Best Lawyers in America” List