Complex Commercial and Business Litigation
Ellis & Winters attorneys have experience across the spectrum of business litigation. We have handled complex business cases, such as corporate control disputes, securities matters, antitrust cases, franchise disputes, and telecommunications matters. In addition, we have litigated a wide variety of cases that involve alleged contractual breaches, fraud, and unfair trade practices. Our attorneys have significant experience litigating cases in federal court and in the North Carolina Business Court. We have experience before state and federal administrative agencies, as well as arbitral tribunals such as the AAA, NASD, NYSE, and ICC.
The firm's lawyers have been called on in some of the most noteworthy disputes and transactions in North Carolina and across the United States. The business community has taken notice, naming over half of our lawyers to prestigious honors such as the 2020 publication of The Best Lawyers in America®, Business North Carolina’s 2020 Legal Elite, and the 2020 North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine. Several of our lawyers have been recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s 2020 list of “litigation stars” and ranked highly in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2020. The firm has been honored with recognition for its legal practice based upon the feedback given by clients, peers, and the business community. In 2014 and 2015, Benchmark Litigation named Ellis & Winters the "North Carolina Law Firm of the Year," and the firm is a finalist in 2020. Additionally, the firm's litigation practice was given a ranking of “highly recommended” by Benchmark Litigation, a Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking for several practice areas in U.S. News & World Report’s list of “Best Law Firms®,” and high ratings in Chambers USA.
- Ellis & Winters Welcomes Eric Cunningham to the Firm’s Litigation Group
- Leslie Packer Selected for Business North Carolina’s 2022 Power List
- Ellis & Winters Welcomes Andrew Parks Carter to the Firm’s Litigation Group
- Kelly Margolis Dagger Speaks at Two CLE Programs
- Andrew Chamberlin Featured in North Carolina Lawyer Magazine
- Ellis & Winters Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Super Lawyers®
- Kelly Margolis Dagger Elected to Firm Partnership
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2021 “Best Lawyers in America” List