Commercial Real Estate
Ellis & Winters offers comprehensive services in commercial real estate development. Our attorneys represent local, regional, and national institutions in transactions throughout the state and region. The firm's real estate development practice includes development, financing, sales and acquisitions, leasing and related matters.
The scope of our practice encompasses all types of projects, including residential, retail, office, warehouse, hotel, mixed-use, and manufacturing developments. Experience in representing lenders and borrowers in sophisticated real estate financing projects has provided us with the ability to assist our clients in understanding all sides of a financial transaction. We view our role as one of providing legal advice and counsel to assist our clients in maximizing their return while minimizing their risk from a particular transaction.
Our transactional attorneys represent banks and other financial institutions in a wide variety of secured and unsecured commercial and corporate lending transactions. We understand the competitive nature of the finance industry. As a member of the lender's team, we strive to provide efficient and timely representation to serve the needs of our client's customers. Our loan experience includes a wide variety of transactions, including real estate construction loans, revolving credit facilities, term loans, and complex syndicated facilities. We provide full-service representation to our lending clients, including creditor representation in loan workouts and bankruptcy matters.
Ellis & Winters offers a broad spectrum of corporate legal services, serving both for-profit and non-profit businesses. Our attorneys represent regional, national, and international companies in commercial and financial transactions and serve as outside general counsel for regional and national businesses. We provide legal counsel to board members, executive officers, human resource departments, project managers, and small-business owners on a broad range of legal issues faced by businesses today, with the goal of maximizing return on investment, minimizing disruptions to a client’s business, and providing practically and legally sound advice.
Services in which Ellis & Winters attorneys have experience:
- Boundary and title disputes
- Business formation
- Commercial leasing
- Commercial real estate
- Condemnation proceedings
- Condominium formation and development
- Creditors’ rights
- Debt finance
- Development financing
- Land sales and acquisition
- Land use
- Landlord/tenant disputes
- Lien claims Mergers and acquisitions
- Mixed-use development
- Premises liability litigation
- Real estate finance
- Real estate litigation
- Residential development
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2023 “Best Lawyers in America” List
- Ellis & Winters Continues Strong Presence in Chambers USA
- Ellis & Winters Welcomes Hollie DeBaro to the Commercial Real Estate Team
- Opportunity for First-Year Law Student through Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Ellis & Winters Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Super Lawyers®
- Business North Carolina Announces 2021 “Legal Elite”
- Ellis & Winters Recognized as a 2021 “Best Law Firm” by Best Lawyers®
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2021 “Best Lawyers in America” List