Business North Carolina Announces 2021 “Legal Elite”
This year marks the 20th year that Business North Carolina has selected a Legal Elite class. Active members of the North Carolina State Bar are eligible to vote for lawyers they deem the best in sixteen categories of law. Voters are not allowed to vote for themselves, and may only select members of their own firms if they also select lawyers from other firms in the same categories, with the out-of-firm votes weighted more heavily. Fewer than 4% of the state’s active lawyers were selected for the 2021 Legal Elite class.
Attorneys who receive the most votes in a category are named to the Legal Elite Hall of Fame. Mike Winters (Real Estate) and Jon Sasser (Litigation) are recognized as members of the Hall of Fame after having been named the top vote recipient in their categories in previous years.
Congratulations to Ellis & Winters’ 2021 Legal Elite recipients:
- Chuck Anderson, Bankruptcy and Real Estate
- Jon Berkelhammer, Appellate
- Andrew Chamberlin, Litigation
- Kelly Margolis Dagger, Employment and Litigation
- Luke Farley, Construction
- David Hillman, Real Estate
- Chris Jackson, Young Guns
- Leslie Packer, Litigation
- Steven Scoggan, Appellate
- Tom Segars, Litigation