Donna Blumberg is an experienced real estate attorney who provides personable, compassionate, and creative representation to clients in a range of real estate matters. Donna’s practice is centered around real estate development projects. She has significant experience in the establishment of residential planned unit developments as well as commercial and mixed-use planned developments, including condominiums. She also serves as the firm’s primary resource on interstate land sales matters and devotes a significant portion of her practice to real estate finance and commercial leasing. Donna’s work involves pulling together real estate ventures and it is this piecing together of the real estate puzzle that she finds most interesting.
Donna’s role is client-driven. She balances the needs of stakeholders with the need to provide efficient and effective legal representation. Some of her real estate clients are highly sophisticated and need less guidance, while others are just getting started in the real estate business and require more guidance through the legal process. She strives to meet client expectations in a timely manner while remaining sensitive to the level of service, attention and detail that a particular matter requires.
Clients come to Donna with varied real estate matters and highly tailored advocacy is necessary to provide adequate representation. Donna develops close professional relationships with clients; by gaining a deep knowledge of the client’s business, she can deepen her understanding of the risks, business goals, and regulatory limitations affecting the project.
Donna is happily married to her attorney husband, and they have two daughters who have also started their professional lives. She loves traveling as a family to places near and far. When she has the time, Donna likes to paint for fun and relaxation. She also likes to bike and swim for exercise, and as a way of winding down.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1985
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 1981
- North Carolina
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Litigation (2018-2024); Real Estate Law (2010-2024)
- Raleigh Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” (2014)
- 2024 Best Lawyers Recognition Announced
- Ellis & Winters Welcomes Six Attorneys to the Litigation Group
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2023 “Best Lawyers in America” List
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2022 “Best Lawyers in America” List
- Ellis & Winters Named to 2021 “Best Lawyers in America” List