Ginger Hunsucker works in the Raleigh office where she practices medical malpractice and professional liability defense litigation. She focuses her practice on defending healthcare providers and organizations throughout North Carolina’s state courts, federal courts, and professional licensing boards. Ginger strategically advises clients throughout all stages of their matter, traversing the nuances between the practice of healthcare and the practice of law so that the most zealous representation may be achieved. She is deadline driven with excellent organizational skills, which allow her to meet client reporting needs and operate efficiently to comply with client guidelines.
Throughout her career, Ginger has had the opportunity to hone her litigation skills on a broad range of matters including nursing home defense, birth trauma defense, physician defense, hospital defense, dentistry defense and the defense of Section 1983 claims against healthcare professionals. In addition to the defense of traditional medical malpractice litigation claims, she also holds experience in the defense of healthcare professionals reporting or responding to licensure boards, such as the North Carolina Medical Board, the North Carolina Board of Nursing, and the North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners.
Ginger is proud to have attained the highest rating in Martindale-Hubbell, a prestigious peer review rating that recognizes attorneys who have reached the highest level of skill and integrity. She was selected in 2011 and 2013 as a “North Carolina Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law
- B.S./B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
Memberships and Associations
- American Correctional Association
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, North Carolina Chapter
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Lawyers
- North Carolina Correctional Association, Healthcare Division
- “North Carolina Non-Economic Damage Cap – 2017 Change” August 14, 2017, LinkedIn
- “Can’t Get Money for Nothing”: An Analysis of ATM Surcharge Ban Demand, 6 N.C. Banking Institute, 595, 2002
- Updates of North Carolina law databases for CAN, Gallagher-Bassett and The Hartford
Prior to joining Ellis & Winters, Ginger was a partner at Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog in the firm’s Raleigh office. Her practice focused on medical malpractice defense and professional liability defense litigation.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rated
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine, Rising Star, 2011 and 2013, Personal Injury-Medical Malpractice, Civil Litigation (2020)
- North Carolina Banking Journal, Articles and Notes Editor, Staff Writer, 2002 – 2003