Ellis & Winters Ranked as a Leading Firm in North Carolina by Chambers USA 2019
Ellis & Winters LLP is again ranked as a leading firm in North Carolina in the 2019 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. The firm has been given high ratings in each of its primary areas of practice: antitrust, bankruptcy/restructuring, litigation, and real estate.
Chambers USA gives its highest rating in North Carolina to both the firm’s antitrust and litigation practices. The organization remarked that the firm’s antitrust practice is well-regarded with significant experience in both state and federal matters. In addition, one commentator said, “Ellis & Winters is probably the best litigation boutique in the state and delivers a very high-quality service.”
The firm’s bankruptcy/restructuring and real estate practices also received top ratings. Reviewers noted the bankruptcy/restructuring area has knowledgeable attorneys with a wealth of experience. Further, the real estate practice is said to feature attorneys who are quick thinkers with deep relationships in the market and understanding of the issues.
In addition, the following nine Ellis & Winters attorneys were identified as leading lawyers in their fields:
- Charles N. Anderson, Jr.: Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Real Estate, Real Estate: Finance
- Jonathan A. Berkelhammer: Litigation: General Commercial
- Stephen D. Feldman: Antitrust
- Alex J. Hagan: Litigation: General Commercial, Litigation: Healthcare & Medical Malpractice
- Leslie C. Packer: Litigation: General Commercial
- Jonathan D. Sasser: Litigation: General Commercial
- Paul K. Sun, Jr.: Litigation: General Commercial
- Dixie T. Wells: Litigation: General Commercial
- Michael G. Winters: Real Estate
The Chambers USA directory is published annually by UK-based Chambers and Partners. The independent guide is compiled by a team of more than 50 researchers based on thousands of in-depth telephone interviews with lawyers and clients throughout the United States.