Scottie Lee focuses her practice on complex litigation, antitrust, and appeals. She joined Ellis & Winters in September 2017 after a two-year clerkship with Chief Judge James L. Gale on the North Carolina Business Court.
Before her clerkship, Scottie earned her law degree from Campbell Law School, where she was the editor-in-chief of the Campbell Law Review. During law school, Scottie interned for Justice Paul M. Newby at the North Carolina Supreme Court, Judge Richard A. Elmore at the North Carolina Court of Appeals, Judge James L. Gale at the North Carolina Business Court, the North Carolina Attorney General’s office, and the general counsel’s office for the Speaker of the North Carolina House of Representatives. She also worked as a research assistant for Matt Sawchak.
Scottie earned her master’s degree in public administration from N.C. State University, where she specialized in public policy. She earned her master’s degree in business administration from Campbell University, and her bachelor’s degree in communication from N.C. State University.
Scottie is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Appellate Rules Committee and an editor of the committee’s Guide to Appealability of Interlocutory Orders.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Appellate Rules Committee, Member (2014-2019)
- Antitrust & Complex Business Disputes Law Section, Member
- Appellate Practice Section, Young Lawyers Division Liaison (2018-2019)
- Chief Justice Joseph Branch Inn of Court, Barrister (2016-2019)
- The Guilford American Inn of Court, Associate (2016-2019)
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, North Carolina Business Court Update, 2019 Winter Workshop, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Durham, NC, January 25, 2019
- This Can't Be Fair! How Vague Legal Standards Can Fuel Big Damages Against Consumer-Goods Companies, DRI Annual Product Liability Conference, February 9, 2018
- Co-editor, Guide to Appealability of Interlocutory Orders, Appellate Rules Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association
- Case Note, Bumpers v. Community Bank of Northern Virginia, Antitrust & Complex Business Dispute News, Antitrust & Complex Business Disputes Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association, December 2013
Prior Legal Experience
- Clerkship, North Carolina Business Court, Chief Judge James L. Gale