Eight Ellis & Winters Lawyers Included in Benchmark Litigation 2015
Ellis & Winters LLP is pleased to announce that eight of the firm’s lawyers have been listed in Benchmark Litigation’s 2015 edition. Recognized as an industry leader in the eighth edition of Benchmark Litigation, Ellis & Winters lawyers are described as “thoughtful, tend not to wing it, and incredibly ethical.” The firm is labeled by a peer as “the best litigation firm in the state.” Ellis & Winters received Benchmark Litigation’s preeminent rating of “highly recommended.”
Benchmark Litigation’s list of “litigation stars” for each state reflects those individuals who were recommended consistently as reputable and effective litigators by clients and peers. The following seven Ellis & Winters partners are listed in this edition as “litigation stars” in North Carolina:
- Andrew S. Chamberlin – Andrew Chamberlin devotes his practice to the litigation and trial of product liability, mass torts, toxic torts, and complex commercial disputes. He represents clients in commercial litigation, patent infringement litigation, and intellectual property disputes.
- Richard W. Ellis – Dick Ellis has defended product liability and other complex cases regionally and nationally. He is also a skilled certified mediator.
- Stephen D. Feldman – Stephen Feldman represents businesses, individuals, and non-profit organizations in a broad range of complex litigation. His concentrations include business disputes, appeals, and antitrust law.
- Leslie C. Packer – Leslie Packer focuses on product liability and medical malpractice litigation. She routinely tries cases to verdict for her clients.
- Jonathan D. Sasser – Jon Sasser handles commercial disputes, toxic tort cases, and First Amendment litigation. He is licensed in New York as well as North Carolina.
- Matthew W. Sawchak – Matt Sawchak is widely recognized for his expertise in antitrust litigation, as well as appeals. Business North Carolina has twice profiled Mr. Sawchak as one of the state’s top antitrust lawyers.
- Paul K. Sun, Jr. – Paul Sun’s practice focuses on business litigation and appeals. He has significant experience in the areas of trade secrets and unfair competition, business and health care fraud (civil and criminal), and employment.
The list of “future stars” in each state reflects those lawyers who were consistently referenced by peers and clients as litigators who are likely to be become “litigation stars” in coming editions of Benchmark Litigation. George F. Sanderson, III is recognized as a “future star” in the 2015 publication. George Sanderson focuses his practice on complex commercial and financial services litigation, bankruptcy, antitrust, creditors’ rights, securities, and lender liability defense. He has appeared in state and federal courts across the country.