Ten Ellis & Winters Partners Included in Benchmark Litigation 2016
Andrew S. Chamberlin
Ellis & Winters LLP is pleased to announce that 10 of the firm’s lawyers have been listed in Benchmark Litigation’s 2016 edition. Recognized as an industry leader in the ninth edition of Benchmark Litigation, Ellis & Winters lawyers are described as “thoughtful, tend not to wing it, and incredibly ethical.” The firm is labeled by a peer as “the best litigation firm in the state.” Ellis & Winters received Benchmark Litigation’s preeminent rating of “highly recommended.”
Benchmark Litigation’s list of “litigation stars” for each state reflects those individuals who were recommended consistently as reputable and effective litigators by clients and peers. The following nine Ellis & Winters partners are listed in this edition as “litigation stars” in North Carolina:
- Andrew S. Chamberlin – Andrew Chamberlin devotes his practice to the litigation and trial of product liability, mass torts, toxic torts, and complex commercial disputes. He represents clients in commercial litigation, patent infringement litigation, and intellectual property disputes.
- Richard W. Ellis – Dick Ellis has defended product liability and other complex cases regionally and nationally. He is also a skilled certified mediator.
- Stephen D. Feldman – Stephen Feldman represents businesses, individuals, and non-profit organizations in a broad range of complex litigation. His concentrations include business disputes, appeals, and antitrust law.
- Alex J. Hagan – Alex Hagan is a trial lawyer whose practice includes product liability defense, as well as the defense of laboratories, hospitals, nursing homes, and individual health care providers. He has extensive commercial litigation experience, representing software manufacturers, retail chains, and other product manufacturers in contract, trademark and employment disputes.
- Leslie C. Packer – Leslie Packer focuses on product liability and medical malpractice litigation. She routinely tries cases to verdict for her clients. Ms. Packer is also listed as one of the “Top 250 Women in Litigation,” by Benchmark.
- Jonathan D. Sasser – Jon Sasser handles commercial disputes, toxic tort cases, and First Amendment litigation. He is licensed in New York as well as North Carolina.
- Matthew W. Sawchak – Matt Sawchak is widely recognized for his expertise in antitrust litigation, as well as appeals. Business North Carolina has twice profiled Mr. Sawchak as one of the state’s top antitrust lawyers.
- Paul K. Sun, Jr. – Paul Sun’s practice focuses on business litigation and appeals. He has significant experience in the areas of trade secrets and unfair competition, business and health care fraud (civil and criminal), and employment.
- Dixie T. Wells – Dixie Wells represents clients in lawsuits involving engineering issues, higher education law, complex commercial transactions, and products liability. She focuses her practice in managing mass litigation and handling litigation arising from single events where suits are filed in multiple courts.
The list of “future stars” in each state reflects those lawyers who were consistently referenced by peers and clients as litigators who are likely to be become “litigation stars” in coming editions of Benchmark Litigation. George F. Sanderson, III is recognized as a “future star” in the 2016 publication. George Sanderson focuses his practice on complex commercial and financial services litigation, bankruptcy, antitrust, creditors’ rights, securities, and lender liability defense. He has appeared in state and federal courts across the country.
View Benchmark’s full report on Ellis & Winters here.